CNiven N

Setup For Failure

This company has pre-orders from 2020 they have not even begun to fulfil. Even the orders they have started to fill are only partial shipments with 2 of the 5 components, Wall and Road, not yet shipped. Even though they said 6 months ago they would update the shipping for those components, they have not updated. They had the responsibility to produce and ship all the pre-orders that were paid for but instead decided to start new products like cables and ridiculous overpriced luggage.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: They have so many compliants, I would stay away

Troy C Gdn

Verified Reviewer

Waited 3 and a half years on order and have recieved NOTHING!

Updated by user Oct 22, 2023

I have still NOT heard from Magfast or received my order.

Original review Sep 22, 2023
After watching a compelling video online, I pre-purchased $297.00 of products from Magfast on March 9, 2020. I periodically inquired about the status of my order and would get what I can only describe as a pre-generated response, always claiming, "We are working hard to get these orders out." On one occasion, I did correspond with a real person who attempted to aid me by changing my order from the "Green" colored products I originally ordered to alpine white to expedite my order.

The order never came.
Recently, I received a new product video from Magfast touting a new piece of luggage. Like the original videos, the product looks impressive and inviting. I received a response to my last email inquiry telling me to verify my mailing address by clicking a link. Once I clicked on the link, a very deceptive list of products was pre-selected for you to purchase (see attachments).

Magfast is attempting to convince me to repurchase a product "AGAIN" without making good on my previous order from March 2020. The Gaul!
Overall, my experience with this company has been poor, and I would not recommend anyone purchase anything from them. I cannot speak to the quality of their products because I have not received the products I ordered. I have not raged on them and have been patient and polite, but in my mind, this situation has become absurd.

You do, however, have to admire the quality of the scam though. I just feel fortunate they could only steal $297.00 from me.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Entire existense of this company

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do NOT give these people your money!

I agree Is has been 3 years I haven’t received my product

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2444374

Wow, So it's just not me. Almost exactly my story, but I originally ordered the Green set.

Haven't received it. I was stupid enough to order the luggage and I did receive one, but no charger.

Guest

Also ripped off by this scam organization, three years ago. Do NOT send these fraudsters one penny.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2438545

Hi Guest 243**** Please provide us with your full name and order information so that we can look up your account. It seems unfair to just post blanket accusations and insults that are categorically untrue and not back it up with any real information.

Let us kindly remind you that you participated in a crowd funded startup project. We understand that this has been a long development time, however we have now shipped thousands of products to our early supporters and are catching up with our backlog.

We also offer a full refund to folks who, for whatever reason, no longer wish to support us. Please reach out to our customer care team at hello@***.com for help with you account.

MAGFAST_CustomerCare

Hi Troy, Since you didn't leave your full name or order number it's hard to verify if you are writing about our shipping confirmation request - so that we could send out the first products toward your Pro Kit pre-order or something else. If so, it seems there is a misunderstanding regarding the confirmation checkout.

You were not being asked to pay again. You already paid. There was a "gift" code applied for the pro-rated amount of the products you saw listed and the applied gift code would have zeroed out that amount during the checkout. It's true we are running behind where we hoped we would be at this point.

We regret this profoundly. We are just as frustrated by the delays in shipping as everyone else. We set ourselves a mammoth task to engineer six chargers simultaneously. As a small startup project, the challenges that come with that add an extra layer of difficulty for us then they would for a large company with deep pockets.

There are currently major global supply chain issues due to COVID that we have absolutely no control over, but we have worked hard to stay on track and are lucky to have now shipped thousands of our first charging units to our early supporters. Additionally, our top rated MAGFAST Lux cables are available to ship on demand to rave reviews. I’d like to quickly explain why we are launching new products while some of our early products are still in development. It costs millions of dollars to market, produce, launch and support a consumer electronics product.

Yet more complex is that MAGFAST has taken on the job of producing not just one but an entire family of advanced charging products with combined interactive features not yet seen together in the industry. We're literally carving a new path, and it's been full of unexpected bumps and curves and roadblocks along the way, to be sure. New product launches and investment share offerings bring us a step closer to shipping and to the other work of building a great company. We are simply doing what any sensible company does which is to 'develop a product pipeline'.

Products take a long time to develop, so it wouldn't make sense to do nothing about next-generation products until all the existing ones have shipped. The funds raised by our new product sales and investment share offerings will only serve to benefit everyone who has supported this project by moving us closer to our shipping goals and getting the products into your hands sooner!

The majority of our supporters have remained dedicated and enthusiastic about our mission of changing charging for good throughout all of the challenges we’ve faced in bringing our products from idea to a physicalized system of products. We hope this customer reaches out to our customer care department directly so that we can help answer their concerns.

Lukah Zpy
reply icon Replying to comment of MAGFAST_CustomerCare

We all understand how crowdfunding works. We understand that you need to introduce and sell a product that is easy to mass produce and get in the customer's hands to get capital to design and manufacture the original product.

But to satisfy and keep the customers happy don't design half a dozen products all at the same time which takes longer to produce and get into the customer's hands. You manufacture one or two products get them into customers hands and make capital to design the next product to go along with the line. That way customers are getting their products sooner and you keep the customer coming back and purchasing more products and everyone's happy. It's been 5 years and I still haven't received the first product that was introduced.

Through two different offers I've purchased lux cables and so far they are performing great and I love them. I've given a few away as presents and I hope I don't have the problems other reviewers are having with them.

View more comments (5)
Chris W Ajz

Magfast Seems to Troubled Company

Magfast Seems to Troubled Company

I purchased a Pro Kit in 2020 knowing these products were in development. Four years later, they have delivered only half what they were developing.

They can seem or dont want to send a wall plug charger, Apple Watch charger, or a cigarette charger that was supposed to be in the Pro Kit. The brick chargers I did receive are okay but not great. I asked for a refund for the Apple Watch charger that cost me $99 since no longer have my watch. Magfast sent me a refund check in February 2024.

The check bounced.

Twice I have contacted their customer support and no response. Are they succumbing to their likely demise?

Loss:
Pros:
  • Innovative products
Cons:
  • Over promise and undelivered goods

User's recommendation: Don’t invest in Magfast

jim Wqy

MagSLOWWWW -- no real value!

I saw a very compelling video nearly 4 years ago for this startup company and decided to plunk down $300 to 'get in' on what portended (or is it 'pre...'?) to be an incredibly versatile suite of charging products that would end the clutter of charging cables necessary to charge all of my portable devices and even provide 500amps of power to boost a car battery when needed (!). the chargers were supposed to carry enough stored power to last for days without having to recharge them.

Panacea discovered, right? Yes it took years to receive my products, but I understood what I was signing up for, a startup... I was proud to be an early adopter of what I expected to be 'life-changing' tech and even though I was concerned I may have been scammed, the responses I received from the company while sparse at first, eventually was reassuring and last month I finally did receive my order. Fantastic!

Oh my the products are beautiful, almost Apple-like in their sleekness and polish. "7 ways to get power out" and "5 ways to get power into them... again panacea for the cable weary! Then I began to use them...

and that's where a couple of wheels fell off of this ride. Despite the pretty blinking lights Magfast tells us indicates just how fast the power was going into my device, I found charging speed on my iPhones was no faster than using other means to charge my phones, and in fact I would say using the fast-chargers that now come with iPhones is actually quite faster than even ...using a cable pugged into either the 4x4" Life or the 3x larger Extreme. So, no value there but still, I remained intoxicated by the idea that I could charge these devices once and be able to recharge phones cordlessly multiple times and when the Magfast devices became depleted I could recharge them "Fast" and resume happy cordless, clutterless charging in an hour or so. That's when the other two wheels fell off.

I found that charging an iphone from nearly zero to full using Life was no faster than what I'd been using but was able to get two good charges on that small device before it was depleted and needed recharging itself. Extreme on the other hand provided one good charge on an iphone 13 Also no faster than the Apple fast charger and became depleted by more than 50% (this was supposed to be their workhorse!). But here's the worst part and what really destroys the entire reason for buying the thing... I had Extreme plugged into a wall outlet for OVER 20 HOURS and still did not recharge to more than 20%.

I tried switching between both the micro-USB and USB-C inlets and neither method of recharging this pretty 10" doorstop worked any faster. Then there's the beautiful Qi charging pads on the thing... this is the cornerstone of the technology to be able to simply place your phone onto the Qi pad to get your MagFast on. There are 3 Qi pads on Extreme (Life has one) and guess what?

the Magnets on these devices are so weak and finicky in that the slightest movement while the phone was on the Qi pad (I mean like blowing out birthday candles slight) disconnects the charging and my phone sat there Looking pretty and proud for several impotent hours without charging! I tried putting two phones on Extreme and one charged up while the other didn't. The only way to really get a solid charge using these devices (and that includes the spiffy Air phone stand/cradle) is to... keep them plugged into a wall outlet!

So... Seymour's claims-- destroyed. My whole reason for buying this stuff-- destroyed. Magfast doesn't do what it claims to do.

Nothing earth-shattering or life-changing at all. I will say this much: After a couple of emails to them, they ARE promising to give me a "Full Refund" which is a comfort.

BUT I have to pay to send these useless bricks back to them myself AND they will only give me the refund AFTER they receive them back, in their original boxes -- thank goodness I saved them. Not the treatment I would have expected for the 4-years of patience I showed, for being an early-adopter.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Looks pretty
Cons:
  • Doesnt live up to its promise as a better way to charge devices

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Spend your money on better, more effective chargers for much less

Doug C Mtp

Verified Reviewer

Performance vs cost is abysmal

MAGFAST - Performance vs cost is abysmal

One of the biggest complaints is how long it has taken to actually deliver the products. 3 1/2 years is a bit long even for a crowdfunding company.

I finally received my pro kit which is still missing Road & Wall with no expected shipping date. Worse is the small capacity of the units especially considering the cost. Yes, they are innovative, they look great, the packaging is similar to Apple, often better than the product enclosed. The Extreme has only 6000 mAh rating.

It cant even charge my iPad to 100%. It contains only 3 cells. My 30,000mAh cost 1/3 the price and can charge my iPad and phone to 100% on one charge. The Life is almost a joke.

Again the for the cost the product is underwhelming at best. Finally, the company was/is pushing multiple new products when they havent even shipped products sold over 3 years ago.

Pros:
  • Look nice
Cons:
  • Low capacity
  • Way to long delivery time
  • Over priced

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your money, lots of better chargers available immediately much cheaper

Marie P Fze

Verified Reviewer

Bought one but very upset

MAGFAST - Bought one but very upset
MAGFAST - Bought one but very upset - Image 2
MAGFAST - Bought one but very upset - Image 3
MAGFAST - Bought one but very upset - Image 4

I watched the whole presentation off the Link on Facebook though this charger was going to be AMAZING, don't waste your time and money, they claim a lifetime warranty "normal ware and tear"( you need to register your product on their website very easy to do), I DID. (Tested 25,000 bends) but just like all chargers where the cord meets the port to plug in your phone it started to separate causing charging failure , I've done nothing out of the ordinary, I tried to contact support after weeks if not months of waiting for replies finally I was contacted and told I did not register my cord when I received it (which I know for a fact I did) therefore voiding the warranty also it's a C-port on each end And if you don't have a certain type of charging block you need to hunt one down but they offered a USB A attachment(At no extra charge)that you simply put one end of the charger into and then it goes to any charging block however I did not receive that. So I started calling/emailing when I got my charger and telling them time after time I never received it they're just really bad with their customer service they don't listen to their customers and basically call everyone liars very very sad and they want a lot of money for their stuff and it doesn't charge speedy fast it was a cool charger because of what the cord is wrapped in but other than that a million thumbs down doesn't live upto what they claim.d

Loss:
Pros:
  • Was great at first
Cons:
  • After a year or so it fails no matter how ginger you are

Preferred solution: A replacement and the extra connector

User's recommendation: I say at your own risk I'd not do it again.

Matthew G Mnu

Confirming e-mail

above is my e-mail CONFIRMED...1120 Crespi Dr. Pacifica, Ca. 94044 is my address...I HAVE BEEN WAITING OVER 5 YEARS..!! ALL OF MY INFO IIS RIGHT HERE..!!! NOT ONLY SHOULD YOU BE COMPING ME SOME OF THOSE LUX CABLES,HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME BUY SOME TO GET FREE SHIPPING...REALLY?!?!?

Jimmy J Trl

Undermining customers trust

Updated by user Nov 27, 2023

Are you joking me?

Original review Nov 26, 2023
Number (1) MAGFAST LLC IS NOT BBB ACREDITED
Number (2 You are being scammed
Number (3) Have you ever seen anyone with these products?
Number (4) Have you ever seen anyone on YouTube with these products giving a review except for the so called first investors?
Number (5) You ever seen footage of them making these products In a warehouse or on an assembly line? Except for the 8 second video of 2 men in white jackets holding one of the products?
NUMBER (6) Everyday that goes by, they fill up their own reviews on every platform everywhere they possibly can.

Out numbering the bad reviews to stay ahead of the scam.
Number (7) Ever seen Seymour in an office with other people? How come he is in an empty office all the time?
Number(8 ) Ever seen or heard about winners who have won any of these prizes they give away except a phony list?
worth thousands of dollars every week?
Number (9) Start up companies fail and when they do, you don't get your money back.
Before I get to number 10 I'm gonna share with you some very quick facts about production and the timeine on making things.
From DESIGN to LAUNCH, it typically takes around two to five years to make a car from start to finish. This long timeline is to ensure the car is in sound condition for public use as well as to develop original designs that will spark interest within a large market.
An average car has about 30,000 parts. Once those parts are manufactured and brought to the final production line, it takes automakers about 18 to 35 hours to produce one mass-market vehicle from welding to full engine assembly to painting.
WOW!!

18 to 35 HOURS!!!
Let's move on to number 10
Number(10) They have been doing this and taking everyone's money for going on 6 years now and they call it fundraising, crowdfunding, and it's perfectly legal. They will use every excuse in the book to extend the whole process to get as much money as they can. Whether its the pandemic, food chain supply., anything to delay and pushback the production of NOTHING THATS BEING MADE. When the money stops coming in they will say that they ran out of funding and now they can't make the products that were never made to begin with.

You have to really look at this way and say to yourself WHY would it take over 5 years to make a charger. They will say anything to defend themselves saying that this is a crowdfunding project over and over again and that you just have to understand that.. One more thing. When it comes to scams, every generation has a person out there like Seymour Segnit , the wife, who is also the other mastermind behind this whole thing but stays under the radar, and the woman from the Upgrade Web Show Kate Kinard we see on the video updates every week are all getting away with this and they probably will unless we all speak up about this..

we can only hope that someone IIke our government would step in or at least Investigate this. Everyone behind this should be behind bars where they belong for taking everyone's hard working money. THERE ARE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT FELL VICTIM TO THIS.. YOUR A FOOL JUST LIKE MYSELF IF YOU BELIEVE THAT IT TAKES OVER 6 YEARS TO MAKE A BATTERY CHARGER EVEN WITH CROWDFUNDING...

THEY CAN BUILD A PASSANGER CAR IN 18 HOURS...SO LISTEN TO ME EVERYONE...
I'M TELLING YA... GOOGLE THEM...

RESEARCH THEM... AND YOU'LL SEE WHATS REALLY GOING ON.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Dont give them money
Cons:
  • Dont give them money

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Naaaa

Benjamin W Gpl

Free charger?

Original review Feb 19, 2024
Approx 4 years ago, I watched their presentation to get a free charger. Never got it. They're a bunch of liers. What a waste of my time!

Preferred solution: Apology

Benjamin W Gpl

| map-marker Redlands, California

Free charger?

Never got my free charger. They said we'd get a free wall charger for watching their presentation. What a waste of time! I think that was 4 years ago. Bunch of liers.
Laura B Fup
map-marker Kailua Kona, Hawaii

Inquiry

I ordered a lot of kits and iiNoI ordered many items when Magfast was a startup company begging for supporters. I'm sure it was over 10 years ago.

I ordered and was promised many thousands of dollars in to be delivered orders. Many of the recipients have died or moved from prior addresses. Mine is still the same. LAURA BURNETTE.

PO BOX 662. CAPTAIN COOK, HAWAII USA 96704. MY CURRENT EMAIL IS hulala050@***.com. phone 808 987 ****.

Prior email getrealkona@***.rr.com no longer accessible. It was all online orders on the upstart.

I WAS a supporter...now I'm very disappointed in Seymour and all that jive. I'm feeling RIPPED OFF ..SEYMOUR THATS BAD.

Jeffrey T Gja

Verified Reviewer

I am having problems reactivating my lux benefits

Can not reactivate my account been trying cant get through please help thank so much and usb-a adapter did not come

MAGFAST Reply:
Thank you for reaching out. I do see that our team emailed you a couple of times to help. Please check your inbox and your spam folder if you don't see it right away.

My account

Steven J Xfk

Poor product

MAGFAST - Poor product

Nothing as product cant be used, so Ill probably discard it. Doesnt work on iPhones.

Terrible, no one to talk to.

Ill contact my credit card company. Deceptively advertised as useful for all cell phones.

Phone support is nonexistent. No one gets back to me either.

MAGFAST Reply:
Hi Steven. Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you're not able to use the free USB-C cable. Our customer care team has reached out to you to help resolve your concerns to your satisfaction.

Full refund

Joanna S Yqa

Not happy customer

I have an iPhone and this so called free item keeps costing me money. Once I start my new job I was going to buy some at regular price.

Now I dont think so! I sat through that entire presentation snd for what!

MAGFAST Reply:
Hi Joanna. Thank you for your feedback.
The MAGFAST Lux is $37 regular price. But we're offering you a USB-C cable at just $7 for S/H. We do ask if you want to switch to Lightning for a $5 fee because of the additional cost for us. We buy the MFI tips directly from Apple and they are very expensive.
Anything else is something you can add if you want but you do not have to.
Of course we understand if this offer isn't for everyone. Thank you for checking us out!
Preferred solution:

I want the correct cable for free!

Randolph E Kvg

Verified Reviewer

I didn't receive any adapters with my lux cables

I bought 3 lux cables and when I opened the boxes there were no adapters. In the box was the flyer card that say the cable comes with adapters.

MAGFAST Reply:
Hi Randolph! If you ordered on Amazon, they do not come with adapters. All you need to do is follow the included instructions to claim your free adapters.
However, if you ordered from our website or through Indiegogo and they didn't come with adapters, please reach out to customer care at Hello@MAGFAST.com and we'll be glad to help you out!

The missing adapters.

Dean Y Xdx

Refund

MAGFAST - Refund

Its been too long and I have not received my order. I would like to request a refund. Thanks.

Dean Young

Dean,
Please reach out to customer care directly at Hello@MAGFAST.com. Our team is here to help you!

Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article